Sunday, June 1, 2014

School's Out For Summer!

It's official - Kika has finished first grade! We couldn't be more excited about our upcoming summer! Her last week was a total of 2 1/2 days, so she was pretty much just holding her poor teacher hostage before she could say she was officially out for summer. Although she will be missing her friends, I won't be missing the hour drive to pick her up and bring her home. I also won't miss homework - because, let's be honest, I hate it as much as she does. (F you common core!)



Mikayla really wants to spend time with some of her classroom friends over the summer and begged me to give my information to her friends' moms. Luckily for me, one of my favorite digital designers, Lauren McKinsey, has the PERFECT printable! A calling card! You can find it here: Calling Card
Here's ours!




















We are looking forward to spending our summer at the pool, the children's museum, the library, trips to California, and of course, pajama days! However, with Aidan starting Kindergarten in the Fall and Mikayla going into second grade, we definitely need to be sure we are continuing to make time for education. (Buzz kill? I think not!) Also, to avoid total and utter meltdowns from my nearly 2 year old, we've got to have some kind of schedule every day that he can anticipate. So, to Pinterest I ran. And I found a fun summer schedule that would work for us! You can find the original post here: Original Summer Schedule

I wasn't crazy about the way it looked and there wasn't a printable, so I decided to spruce it up a bit and make my own printable, which I am now sharing with you!
































Feel free to spruce it up for yourself and move things around so they work for your schedule. The time between 12-4 is open for whatever we are doing that day - pool time, library story time, the children's museum, fun things we find on Pinterest! It's OPEN!

Get your Summer Schedule printable HERE!
Printable Summer Schedule

Here's to a summer of fun in the sun and enjoying wine because we want to, not because we need to. CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. I second your feelings on Common Core. It's a Pain. Thank you for the printout and for it starting at 8am. Most I'd found started at 7am. Ain't nobody got time for getting that up, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adapting and using this for this summer. I feel like you've included so many good things here that I can just tweak it a bit to work for my kids. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete